Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Love is...my paraphrase.

Love is interesting. I've been pondering the concept of love quite frequently lately. Love makes us kind of crazy. It makes us do irrational things. Sometimes we deal with things that we'd never tolerate if we weren't so head over heals. We can be sweet to people we love in situations that we couldn't care less about had it been someone else. We might act like we're better than a certain type of person, unless we care so much about them that their status, income or other categories no longer matter. Sometimes we dream of having things, but then we find ourselves working ever so hard to afford that same treasure for someone that we love. Things that tick us off normally, we let go for a special someone. When we are wrapped around someone's finger, they can have just about anything. It doesn't matter how you wanted things done, their smile is enough to make you forget about your way. Revenge seems like a reasonable idea, unless the victim is someone you love. We are blind to a thousand annoying habits for the one we love. Love makes us think the impossible is completely reasonable. Love is the only thing that can outlive everything.

In other words...

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV)

Translated into my (very real) life: Sometimes my husband says things, does things or just is something that makes me so frustrated. It's amazing though, how I love him so much, that I can't even remember what he did long enough to fight with him about it. Even when he does something that is hard to forget, I love him so much that I can't hold on to those wrongs. The ache for him in my heart won't let me. When people wrong the man I love, I'm impatient for God to make it right. No matter what he does, it seems like I would bear anything for him. It does help that he loves me in return. But if he didn't, my love wouldn't automatically end. I'm coming to a close and realizing that I don't really have a point, but since I'm in this sentimental mood I'll finish with this:

Nic, I love you so much it hurts...love you forever and ever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment