Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

This Is Why I Ask You To Read...I Have To.

Do you ever feel...useless?


Don't you ever feel discontent? Not the "Maybe I should redecorate the living room" kind of discontent. Kind of like the mean reds verses the plain old blues. Do you ever feel like you serve no purpose?

I look at my time on this earth, and I do see value through the eyes of my Saviour. (I like to spell words like the Brits sometimes; it flows off my fingers quite naturally so I refuse to listen to the spell-checker.) But I still get this ache inside. So I begin to evaluate and reevaluate my gifts, my efforts and as always, God's grace in both of these.

What am I good at? And how am I using these gifts? Am I honoring God with my time and energy? This is what I come up with:

I need to be a wife that my husband is excited to live with.

I need to be a mom that forms her quiver of arrows into true weapons for God's kingdom.

I need to write.


This what the mean reds are about. It's the Spirit tugging on my heart and mind to keep going with all I've got.

How are you unique to Jesus? What did He make you great at? What did He place before you for you to work at?

Will you do it? Be encouraged my friend. Be encouraged to do exactly what He's calling you to do, the thing the Spirit leads you to do. It's the thing your heart aches for (not your flesh, or what the world tells you you should want or what the enemy tries to distract you with).

It's ingrained in you, because it is placed there by your Creator.
Only He can write it on your heart.
He wants your praise!
He wants the kind of worship you write with your life. It's a different song from each of us; will you go and walk the unique path He has laid for you on this Narrow Way?

2 comments:

  1. Ellie I love you so much-thanks for these thoughts I hope you know how wonderful and neccesary you are in so many lives. I hope you know how many lives you touch with your words. You are a Beautiful Strong and Wonderful Woman! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, thank you for joining my own blog. Secondly you were meant to find my blog and in return it led me to yours as the words above cannot have come to me at a more meaningful time in my life.

    I have a long story that I really cannot share in detail but the past two years I have had to deal with my mother with cancer, her companion now dying, moving not only house but country and not having my husband with me anymore. Not even being able to say goodbye to my friends overseas as I thought I was returning to my home country for only 6 weeks while my mother was recovering from a fractured back. Sadly it turned out to be stage 4 bone cancer. My mum has fought it all the way which means that I have been back here caring for her for the past two years alone.

    I needed to read those words above, I have come to a point in my life I need to listen to God, I need to lean on him and I need to turn my life over to him again and not try to do things in my own strength.

    Thank you for finding me today and thank you for this post, it has given me more hope.

    Please don't share this info on my own blog but you can read a little on there about my mum, its in my archives on "Love". Its been a hard journey but cancer has brought my mum and I together, a realationship we never had before that is still growing while she has strength left.

    Thank you and God Bless

    Lee

    ReplyDelete