Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

How I've Missed You (Knocked Up)!

I have not posted since our first month at our new church. I've written a few drafts, but nothing has made it before you. But...I have a really good reason (excuse). At least I think so.

Excuse #1 - Higher expectations in ministry: and I'm very thankful! The folks in our local church love the Lord and want to see the gospel spread. Very few of them expect large superficial ministry activities and most of them want to see us spending lots of time building relationships and making disciples (and all of the things that go along with those). There has also been a slight lack of inspiration since I tend to whine about the church and I've just been busy getting reaquainted with this local one for while, leaving me little time for global church analyzationing (word credit - Rachel Weckhorst).

Excuse #2 - I've started another blog: however I've been almost as lazy over there as well. You can find my (meager thus far) blog on Biblical womanhood and natural homemaking at Finding Engedi.

Excuse #3 - (my personal favorite) I'm pregnant! We should have a little girl here sometime near the end of January. The first five months of this pregnancy I had (at most) three hours a day of effort in me to accomplish all of the tasks of wifery/mommery so writing unfortunately fell by the wayside for things higher up on the priority list.

So, I've missed you. Even those of you that silently stop by and never comment or e-mail or stop me out and about. I'll be posting shortly on the age divisions within the church, something that has been burdening me a lot lately. I look forward to hearing from you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment